Politics
Possible French recognition of a Palestinian state... Macron denounces "misinformation"
French President Emmanuel Macron denounced "misinformation" regarding a possible French recognition of a Palestinian state, calling for..
French President Emmanuel Macron denounced "false information" regarding a possible French recognition of a Palestinian state, calling for "no effort to be spared" in order to bring peace to the region.
Macron expressed his regret that some of what is published on the “X” platform “regarding our intentions in connection with Gaza” lacks accuracy, calling for not accepting any “simplification or provocation,” and for “not contributing to the spread of misinformation and manipulation,” stressing the need to “remain united.”.
Macron announced on Wednesday that recognition of a Palestinian state could take place in June, during a conference that France will co-chair with Saudi Arabia at the United Nations headquarters in New York, placing this within the framework of a reciprocal move by Arab countries to recognize Israel.
The position he expressed upon returning from Egypt had sparked protests among the right and far right in France.
Laurent Wauquiez, the parliamentary leader of the Republicans party and a potential candidate for the French presidency, said: "When France receives congratulations from Hamas... I feel ashamed.".
Hamas leader Mahmoud Mardawi told AFP that Macron's announcement of a plan to recognize a Palestinian state by June was an "important step" that would bring about a "positive change in the international position" regarding the rights of the Palestinian people.
Related News
For his part, Jordan Bardella, head of the far-right National Rally party, considered that recognizing the Palestinian state in June would be “like giving (Hamas) the status of a legitimate interlocutor.”.
Macron reiterated his emphasis on “the legitimate right of the Palestinians to a state and to peace, as well as the right of the Israelis to live in peace and security, and on the recognition of both by neighboring countries,” stressing that “the conference to be held in June must be a turning point.” He said: “I am making every effort with our partners to achieve this goal of peace (…). In order to succeed, we must spare no effort.”.
Macron had earlier called for an immediate and permanent ceasefire in Gaza and the resumption of humanitarian aid to the Strip, stressing the need to strive for a political solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict based on a "two-state solution".
Macron stated on his X platform account: “I support the legitimate right of the Palestinians to establish their own state, and the conference scheduled for June to discuss the two-state solution must be a turning point.” He added that he is doing everything possible with France’s partners to achieve peace, noting that his country is in dire need of this peace.
Macron continued: “This is France’s position very clearly: yes to peace, yes to Israel’s security, yes to a Palestinian state without Hamas.”.
Politics
The Foreign Minister receives a letter from his Iraqi counterpart to strengthen cooperation
Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan received a written message from his Iraqi counterpart Fuad Hussein, which was received by Undersecretary Abdulrahman Al-Rassi, to discuss strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries.
Riyadh – SPA:
His Highness Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah, Minister of Foreign Affairs, received a written message today, Monday, from His Excellency Fuad Hussein, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq. The message addressed the deep-rooted fraternal relations between the two brotherly countries, and discussed ways to support and strengthen them in various fields to serve their common interests.
The message was received on behalf of His Highness the Minister of Foreign Affairs by His Excellency the Undersecretary of the Ministry for Multilateral International Affairs, Dr. Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim Al-Rassi, during his meeting today at the Ministry’s headquarters in Riyadh with the Ambassador of the Republic of Iraq to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Safia Taleb Al-Suhail.
During the reception, the strong bilateral relations between Riyadh and Baghdad were reviewed, and a number of regional and international issues of common interest were discussed, within the framework of ongoing coordination between the two countries.
An upward trajectory in Saudi-Iraqi relations
This message comes amidst active diplomatic efforts and the remarkable growth witnessed in Saudi-Iraqi relations in recent years. Both countries are striving to build a sustainable strategic partnership based on shared values, geographical proximity, and deep historical and social ties. The Saudi-Iraqi Coordination Council has played a pivotal role in framing this cooperation, contributing to significant advancements in political, security, and economic coordination.
The importance of joint coordination in light of regional challenges
Continued communication between the two countries' foreign ministers is of particular importance given the delicate circumstances the region is experiencing, which necessitate the highest levels of coordination and consultation. Political circles view the Saudi-Iraqi rapprochement as a cornerstone of regional stability, as Riyadh and Baghdad work together to enhance regional security, combat terrorism, and eliminate the sources of extremism, in addition to working towards resolving crises through diplomatic means.
Prospects for economic and investment cooperation
On the economic front, relations are witnessing tangible progress, exemplified by electricity interconnection projects, increased trade volume through the new Arar border crossing, and growing Saudi investments in the Iraqi market. The exchange of messages between the leadership and officials of both countries underscores a strong desire to remove all obstacles facing the private sector in both nations, thereby enhancing economic integration for the benefit and prosperity of both brotherly peoples.
Politics
The commander of the joint forces receives the Yemeni Minister of Defense to discuss resolving the crisis
Details of the meeting between the Commander of the Joint Forces, Lieutenant General Fahd Al-Salman, and the new Yemeni Minister of Defense, Lieutenant General Taher Al-Aqili, to discuss developments and efforts to end the Yemeni crisis.
As part of ongoing efforts to enhance military and security coordination between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Yemen, the Commander of the Joint Forces, Lieutenant General Fahd bin Hamad Al Salman, received the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Yemen, Lieutenant General Taher bin Ali Al Aqili, at the Joint Forces Command headquarters. This important meeting reflects the depth of the fraternal relations and shared destiny that unites the two brotherly countries in confronting current challenges.
Lieutenant General Salman began the meeting by congratulating the Yemeni Minister of Defense on his appointment, expressing his wishes for his success in fulfilling his weighty duties and responsibilities during this critical period. The meeting included extensive discussions on the evolving field and military situation within Yemen, as well as a review of efforts aimed at resolving the crisis and ensuring security and stability for the brotherly Yemeni people.
The importance of joint military coordination
This meeting is of particular importance given the pivotal role played by the Joint Forces of the Coalition to Restore Legitimacy in Yemen, led by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Direct coordination between the Joint Forces Command and the Yemeni Ministry of Defense is the cornerstone of unifying military efforts, enhancing combat readiness, securing liberated areas, and countering threats to the security of Yemen and the region.
Context of the crisis and international efforts
This meeting comes at a time when the Yemeni arena is witnessing ongoing efforts aimed at finding sustainable political and military solutions to the protracted crisis. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, through its leadership of the coalition, consistently affirms its unwavering commitment to supporting the legitimate Yemeni government and its national institutions, not only militarily, but also through political, humanitarian, and developmental channels, to ensure the return of normalcy and alleviate the suffering of the Yemeni people.
Towards a safe and stable future
Both sides concluded the meeting by emphasizing the need for continued consultation and close coordination to address all potential challenges. This military cooperation is an integral part of the comprehensive strategy aimed at restoring the Yemeni state and enforcing the rule of law, thus paving the way for a future of peace and prosperity and fulfilling the aspirations of the Yemeni people for a dignified life free from conflict and foreign interference.
Politics
Tehran and Washington: Nuclear talks to include energy and aircraft
An Iranian official revealed details of talks with Washington that included investments in energy and the purchase of aircraft, coinciding with Araqchi's visit to Geneva and the continued military tension in the region.
In a significant development in the complex diplomatic relations between Tehran and Washington, Hamid Ghanbari, Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister for Economic Affairs, revealed a new Iranian strategy aimed at linking a return to the nuclear agreement to tangible economic benefits for the United States. Ghanbari explained that Tehran seeks an agreement that encompasses not only political and nuclear aspects but also includes mutual economic benefits to ensure the agreement's sustainability.
The Iranian official indicated that the current negotiations directly address vital issues, including shared interests in oil and gas fields, as well as joint fields and investments in the mining sector. Perhaps the most significant point in Qanbari's remarks was the explicit mention of including "aircraft purchases" among the negotiating items, a matter of utmost sensitivity and importance for Tehran, whose civilian air fleet has suffered from obsolescence due to long-standing sanctions.
Criticism of the previous agreement and the introduction of economic guarantees
In justifying this new approach, Ghanbari criticized the structure of the 2015 nuclear agreement (the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) with world powers, arguing that it "did not guarantee any economic interests for the United States." Tehran believes that the absence of direct US economic interests in the previous agreement facilitated Washington's subsequent withdrawal from it without incurring significant commercial losses. By proposing energy investments and aircraft deals (which could involve major companies like Boeing), Iran is attempting to create a network of interests that would make it difficult for any future US administration to dismantle the agreement again.
Diplomatic moves in Geneva amid military tension
These economic statements coincide with intense diplomatic activity, as the Iranian Foreign Ministry confirmed that Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi departed Tehran for Geneva. This visit is to participate in a new round of indirect talks with the United States regarding the nuclear issue, as well as to hold important meetings with the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency and other international figures, in an effort to break the ongoing deadlock.
Despite the resumption of negotiations this month to resolve the decades-long dispute and avert a military confrontation, the atmosphere is rife with threats of force. US officials have indicated that the United States is not only pursuing diplomacy but has also bolstered its military presence by deploying a second aircraft carrier to the region. This move serves as a clear deterrent, as Washington prepares for the possibility of a large-scale military campaign should diplomatic talks fail to curb Iran's nuclear program, placing the region at a critical crossroads between economic progress and a dangerous military escalation.
-
Culture and Art 5 days ago
The "Between and Between" exhibition in Jeddah: 5 artists reshape Saudi memory
-
Culture and Art 6 days ago
Shakira's concert in Jeddah: Details of the international star's first concert in Saudi Arabia
-
Local News 3 days ago
Saudi Arabia's National Arabic Language Policy: 8 Principles to Promote Identity
-
Culture and Art, 1 week ago
The truth about Nancy Ajram's video and Epstein Island, and her legal response
-
Local news two days ago
Adopting the National Policy for the Arabic Language: Strengthening Identity and Vision 2030
-
Culture and Art, 1 week ago
Rawan Bin Hussain's first appearance after her imprisonment and deportation from Dubai
-
Local News 3 days ago
The Riyadh-Rin-Bisha dual carriageway, spanning 559 km, has been completed
-
Culture and Art, 1 week ago
Abla Kamel returns in Ramadan 2026 with a surprise alongside Menna Shalaby and Yasmine Abdel Aziz